Simple Acts of Kindness
It is so easy to get caught up in the everyday things that happen to us in life, but it is important to remember how important it is to be kind to one another.
Be somebody that makes everybody feel like a somebody!
—Kid President (Robby Novak)
I was talking to one of my good friends this week (Shannon you're the best), and we were talking about how necessary it is to take the time to do things for other people. Simple acts of kindness, not only make the people you're helping feel good, but it is also, in my opinion, good for the soul. It just makes you feel good inside. We are all human and make mistakes and it is okay to be angry with people, but it is never okay to be cruel. After Shannon and I finished talking, I started thinking about simple things people can do for one another to be more kind. Be the brightness in someone's day and try out some of these things to be kind to your neighbor.
1. Instead of buying yourself a new cute top, shoes, etc. buy your friend a happy (I think giving to others is the key to happiness).
2. Take the time to give someone a compliment, you never know the impact it may have on them.
3. Smile at EVERYONE. A simple smile can change someone's day.
4. Pray for people you know are struggling.
5. Pay for the next person in line at a drive-through.
6. Strike up a conversation with a stranger. It could be something as simple as asking them, "how is your day going?" that could make all the difference
7. Be the friend that is always willing to talk anytime of the day.
8. Make amends with someone that has hurt you.
9. Encourage everyone around you.
10. Volunteer to give your time to people in need.
11. Say I LOVE YOU more.
12. Hold the door for someone.
13. Bring doughnuts to your team at work.
14. Write a meaningful letter to someone that you know is in need of positive words and uplifting.
15. Simply listen.
Lately, I have been wrapped up in my job as a recruiter, blogging, social events, and have forgotten how important it is to not just focus on myself. Our purpose in life is to be kind to one another and to help better one another. Being kind is such an important step in growing into the best person you can be. Be the light in someone's life; it doesn't take much time. It could change someones day completely.